Each week I’ll share a short roundup of five of my favorites from the week. Here is what you can expect each week from my Five Friday Favorites:
- Favorite personal finance article/post. This could be anything from an article in the New York Times to a post from a fellow blogger.
- Favorite non-personal finance article/post. This will be something completely unrelated to personal finance. I do have (some) other interests!
- Favorite thing I did this week. This is a way to reflect on the previous week and share my favorite thing that happened – be it a night out with BF, a successful meeting at work, or a peaceful walk along the river.
- Favorite recipe. I’m constantly on the hunt for great new recipes, so this will be a way to share a gem I’ve found and am planning to try (or maybe already have tried!).
- Favorite quote. I’ve been collecting quotes for as long as I can remember, from books, movies, songs, articles, etc. This will be a way to share some of the great sentiments I’ve collected.
Without further ado, here is the first ever Five Friday Favorites!
- Favorite personal finance article/post. Cait at Blonde on a Budget posed a really interesting question: what would you buy if you had an extra $50? $500? $5,000? She discusses her old mentality of having a running “to buy” list in her head at all times, as well as her new mentality, influenced by her year-long shopping ban, to focus on experiences.
- Favorite non-personal finance article/post. Summer may not have officially begun yet, but it is sure beginning to feel like summer! Two of my favorite non-PF bloggers shared their “summer manifestos” this week. A summer manifesto is a list of all the fun, summery things you plan to do with the warm weather this year. It seems like a great way to focus on having fun with the small stuff and not just letting life get busy and pass by in a haze. You can see Elise’s summer manifesto here and Natalie’s summer manifesto here.
- Favorite thing I did this week. This is going to be a hard category to narrow down while we’re in Europe. If I had to pick one (only one!) favorite thing I did this week it would have to be eating a sandwich in Place des Vosges with BF. We read all about the history of the square on Wikipedia, enjoyed the perfect weather, and I worked on getting through my huge guidebook of France. What can I say, I’m a cheap date!
- Favorite recipe. These Asian pepper steak kabobs from Gimme Some Oven look so delicious! And summery! I clearly have warm weather fever (and who can blame me after surviving Boston’s horrendous winter). I haven’t tried these (yet), but I’ve never been let down by one of Ali’s recipes.
- Favorite quote. In honor of my time in France, this week’s quote is from Le Petit Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry. This was the first book I read in French back in high school, and it has such beautiful lessons.
What are some of your favorite things from this week?