- Favorite personal finance article/post. I’ve been thinking a lot about the best way to explain investing lately, and I really enjoyed reading Millennial Money Man’s article about Investing 101 for Millennials. I think it offers a thorough overview of the basic investment vehicles without using too much jargon. I also completely agree that the key to investing is to start early. From my perspective, there’s no time like the present!
- Favorite non-personal finance article/post. I’ve had a Clarisonic Mia for several years now, and I am slightly ashamed to admit that I’ve never truly cleaned it. I mean, I use soap with it every day, but I’ve never washed out the inside. And I recently noticed that it was starting to smell, so I knew it was time for a deep cleaning. I was happy to find this simple cleaning solution recipe at the Daily Muse. I am pleased to report that it worked well and my Clarisonic no longer smells. Just a word of caution: the cleaning solution seems to negatively affect wood, so be careful about what surfaces you use the cleaner on.
- Favorite thing I did this week. This week, an old friend from college was in Paris for work. We had a great time catching up and nerding out visiting several architecturally significant buildings. The highlight for me was a trip out to Poissy, a short train ride outside of Paris, to see Villa Savoye. Villa Savoye, designed by Le Corbusier, is one of the most iconic modernist houses ever built. Corbu’s work and thinking pervaded by architectural education, so it was sort of like a celebrity siting to see the building in real life.
- Favorite recipe. It has been HOT in Paris this week. Like, unprecedented heat wave hot. And we are sadly without air conditioning. Needless to say, we’re searching for any means possible to cool off. These lemon and ginger ice pops look like they would do the trick very well! I haven’t made my own ice pops since I was a kid, but these look pretty simple.
- Favorite quote. As I’ve been wandering the streets of Paris this week staring at buildings in the intense heat, I am often reminded of one of my favorite quotes from The Stranger, by Albert Camus.
What are some of your favorite things from this week?