Here are my answers to Taylor’s questions:
- With which fictional character (any medium) do you most resonate? I am obsessed with Gilmore Girls, and the character Rory has always really resonated with me. I watched the show as I was growing up and Rory was always a few years older than me. I really admired her bookish ways and her close relationship to her mother. A lot of the best books I read in high school were selected because Rory read them. I also credit Gilmore Girls with teaching me that it is OK to be best friends with your mom, which I am to this day!
- If you could live in any time period past or future, any location, where and when would you go? I’m pretty happy with living today. I love that I have so many opportunities open to me and that technology has made the world so much more connected. I would love to live in a warmer climate though. The winter in Boston this year was pretty darn miserable!
- What is your best quality? Such a hard question! I think my best quality is my determination. I am a hard worker and I pursue my passions aggressively. This applies to my work life and my personal life, and has served me very well.
- Describe the last time you remember walking barefoot outdoors. (I understand this is not a question, but imagine I said it with an upper inflection.) The last time I walked barefoot outdoors was on the beach in Nice, France, a few weeks ago. Nice has a rocky beach, and it really hurt to walk on it with bare feet! It really made me appreciate all of the sandy beaches I’ve visited.
- Would you rather be a tiny but majestic tree or a giant fuzzy caterpillar? I guess I would rather be a tree? I love trees and the patterns that leaves create, and it would be nice to be able to provide shade for people.
Here are my answers to May’s questions:
- Is blogging what you thought it would be? Why or why not? Blogging is way more fun, exciting and HARD than I thought it would be! I have so much to say and I’ve learned that I really love writing about personal finance. I didn’t realize though how many things have to take place behind the scenes – like posting on social media and reading/commenting on other blogs.
- Describe something you have done recently to save money? I spent June and July living in Paris and while I was away, I sublet my apartment. Now that I’m back, I’m letting the subletters stay for a few more weeks while I stay with my parents. It means that I have to commute about an hour each way to work, but the extra income is great. And I get to hang out with my parents and their dog!
- What is your favorite book? I love SO many books. I can’t really pick just one, but I loved Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer.
- Tell us about a personal extravagance or indulgence that is totally worth it, as far as you are concerned. I pay for cable television, which is pricey but is worth it for the endless entertainment it provides. Netflix is great, but sometimes you just need to binge watch HGTV.
- Favorite spice? (Members of the Spice Girls don’t count- lol.) I like my food spicy, so I’m going to go with cayenne pepper. I’ll put it on everything, even microwave popcorn!
I’d like to nominate Erik from A More Successful You, Norm from Ridinkulous, Ashley from Saving Money in Your Twenties, and Dylan from Mr. Modern Millennial. Nominees are asked to answer the questions below, nominate some additional bloggers and provide five more questions for those bloggers to answer. Enjoy!
- What is the last place you visited that took your breath away?
- What is your favorite thing to cook (or order in if you don’t like to cook!)?
- Would you rather wake up with the birds or sleep in?
- What was the last frugal choice you made?
- What is your biggest Netflix weakness?