Each Friday, I post my five favorite things from the week. I hope you enjoy this week’s Five Friday Favorites! Click here to see previous editions!
- Favorite personal finance article/post. New habits are hard to establish, and financial habits perhaps especially so. But establishing solid financial habits is sure to pay off (pun intended) for years to come, so I say there is no time like the present to start forming those habits! I found Holly Johnson’s post on the Simple Dollar, entitled 10 Good Money Habits and How to Form Them, to be a great starting point for those interested in improving their financial health. I especially love her last tip about becoming the CEO of your own life. We are all in charge of ourselves, and have the power to make our lives what we want them to be.
- Favorite non-personal finance article/post. I just loved this post from The Minimalists about the four ways of understanding others. I often find myself rushing to judgment when I see others doing things that I don’t agree with, but it is so important to be able to step back and understand things from another person’s perspective.
- Favorite thing I did this week. Its officially pumpkin season! The weather is starting to cool off a bit here in Massachusetts, and all of the pumpkin-flavored goodies that accompany fall weather are starting to appear! In just the last two days, I’ve seen rows and rows of pumpkin beer options, pumpkin flavored cookies, pumpkin coffee, and, of course, candy pumpkins! If candy pumpkins were an illegal drug, I would be in jail right now. I have an addiction. Thank goodness they only sell them for one season a year! But I digress. Just seeing these signs of fall and pumpkin deliciousness was my favorite thing this week. Now I just need the leaves to turn and I’ll be the happiest girl around!
- Favorite recipe. This week I have more of a meal prep tip to share than a recipe. I stumbled across this post on the Pioneer Woman all about prepping veggies for the week ahead. Now that I’m in a new job, my time is extra tight on weeknights, so I’m trying to do as much meal prep as possible on the weekend. So far, so good, and I think these veggie prep tips are going to help a ton!
- Favorite quote. I didn’t want to make this post all about my new job, but I was inspired by my new job to pick this quote from A.A. Milne, author of Winnie the Pooh, this week. As hard as I work and as much as I know I am qualified for my job, I often find myself struggling with self-doubt. This quote just helped me remember that I can do it (and you can, too!).
What are some of your favorite things from this week?