Each Friday, I post my five favorite things from the week. I hope you enjoy this week’s Five Friday Favorites! Click here to see previous editions!
- Favorite personal finance article/post. The Frugalwoods have done it again. I loved their post this week about how to maintain friendships and frugality. I don’t know about you, but keeping up with my friends while staying on track with my budget is one of the hardest parts of being frugal. Mrs. Frugalwoods offers some great tips, ranging from inviting friends over for dinner instead of going out to ordering a small entrée at an obligatory work lunch. The article reminded me how much fun I used to have doing really simple things with friends, like spending a night in playing board games. Just because we all make a little more money now doesn’t mean we have to spend it all to have fun together!
- Favorite non-personal finance article/post. Now for a little shameless Boston plug. I love the NY Times’ “36 hours in” series, and this week they featured Boston! I thought the tips for what to do were great. I would especially recommend hitting up #7 (I may or may not have had something to do with those awesome swings in my former job!).
- Favorite thing I did this week. This week, I helped celebrate the birthday of a close friend with a party that was nothing short of awesome. Her super sweet boyfriend got some friends together to form a Beatles cover band (she loves the Beatles), who performed at a surprise party. It was so fun to get together with so many friends, eat delicious food (and cake!) and celebrate a special occasion.
- Favorite recipe. I’ve mentioned a few times that I’ve been doing some freezer cooking, and this week I thought I’d share the winning freezer food recipe. These enchiladas (fittingly called the best chicken enchiladas ever), from Gimme Some Over, are simple to make and super delicious. I made two pans a few weeks ago and we’ve pulled them out on weeknights for a quick, healthy dinner. They will definitely be appearing on our dinner table again in the near future!
- Favorite quote. I’m feeling a bit existential today, so I’m going to go with this great quote from The Unbearable Lightness of Being. Do you believe that life is inevitable or incidental?
What are some of your favorite things from this week?